Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's Time!

It's hard to believe, but it's officially time to start training for this year's half-marathon, which takes place the last weekend in April!

Erin and I have been running pretty steadily each week, so I feel that I'm ahead of where I was last year in terms of fitness. We ran 7.5 miles today in 38-degree weather, and it went OK - just over an 11-minute mile pace. I really have to step up my running during the week, though. Right now I only do Sundays, which has to change! I honestly don't know how I'm going to find the energy for those 5 a.m. mid-week runs, but it has to be done. We're starting with one early-morning weekday run this week, and I'll do the treadmill one day during my lunch break at work.

Things are a little more difficult since I'm working away from home this year, but I'm determined to make it work.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck with your training and fitting it into your busy schedule! I've kicked it into high gear with mine, too, and feel that I'm ahead of last year as well. Is it because we know what to expect?

    Becky

    ReplyDelete